The Darknessへようこそ!
Please login.
The Darknessへようこそ!
Please login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fall of the Camarilla

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Leucothea

Leucothea

Blood Potency : 4260
Influence : 0

Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:32 pm

[I'm slightly unclear on what I should be doing lol...]

I go back to the apartment, sleep a few hours, then look for Antonius so I can ask him about some of the books I read. [That reminds me I also want to figure out how to prevent Salman from finding anything else out lol--I guess I'll ask Antonius if he has any "dots" (lol i can't remember what the in-game word is) in the mind arcanum...]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blood Potency : 4736
Influence : 1

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Antonius is already back when you wake up and he's having a simple breakfast of bread and garum (fish paste that Romans had with almost everything)
[well, you need to enlist Antonius' help in keeping your secrets secret and you should probably ask him about what you've learned from the book. It seems to me like the only way you're going to be able to find out more information about this ritual is to find this "Umbral, the Dark One" guy and talk to him personally (which will involve magic if the guy's already dead). Obviously it will be difficult to locate him but I'd start with asking Antonius. So you've got two things to do: 1) talk to Antonius about the Quintus (Salman) problem and 2) talk to Antonius about Umbral]
Back to top Go down
https://tankhedgehog.rpg-board.net
Leucothea

Leucothea

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:28 pm

I sit across from Antonius while he's eating and dive right into my questions. [Ew fish paste?] "I finished reading most of the books on your list, but they all had some essential pieces missing... The best of them explained a ritual for summoning a pride demon, but didn't give the demon's name or the ritual chant that was used. I was thinking of looking for the author, someone called 'Umbral the Dark One'. Have you heard of him?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:02 pm

["Ew" is right. You don't know the half of it]
"Hmm let me see... The name rings a bell... Ah yes, as I recall, and old friend named Gustus goes by 'Umbral' when he writes. If he hasn't moved since then, I still have his address. My guess is that your best shot is to talk to him in person and get him to fill you in on the details you're missing. Oh and he's a Sleeper" says Antonius in his usual slightly soft, bored sounding voice as he hands you a slip of parchment with an address on it.
Back to top Go down
Leucothea

Leucothea

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:16 pm

"Great! Hmmm he's a sleeper? Interesting... That reminds me, when we were on our way back here you met Quintus. He seems a little too interested in my affairs and I'd like to prevent him from learning any sensitive information. Any suggestions?" [I can't remember how much I told Antonius about my vampire/goddess situation. Remind me please if you feel so inclined... Oh and I have that third dot in space now so can I help Antonius put a ban on the sanctum or whatever it's called?]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:35 am

"Hm... I don't think I can be of much help to you there. To be honest, rather than worry about your undead friends, you might want to focus on finding Gustus. Once you've summoned a demon, gaining the power to silence your friend should be trivial. Here's his address" So saying, he hands you a slip of parchment with Gustus' address.

[Item gained: "Gustus' Address"]

Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Tankhedgehog
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Back to top Go down
Leucothea

Leucothea

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 10:53 pm

"Thank you." I take the address and (assuming I have enough time) go about finding Gustus. [Do I know whether the address is nearby or do I need to pack provisions just in case?]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 10:58 pm

(Yes the address is in Rome, you won't need any supplies to get there and since you're both non-vampires, you have all the time in the world; i.e. you don't have to worry about sunrise)
The address leads you to a lower upper-end villa.

(How much do you know about Roman villas in the city?)

Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Tankhedgehog
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Back to top Go down
Leucothea

Leucothea

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

[Very litte... Enlighten me please! Should I be worried about getting attacked? Although if I have my zombie with me I guess he can take care of it lol]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:25 am

(k, you might want to read up a bit on roman villas on like wikipedia or something)
The shop at the front of his house is busy as people come and go, perusing the stands. You double check the address and this is definitely the place.
Back to top Go down
Leucothea

Leucothea

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:35 am

(Really you can't just tell me? I don't have time to look up roman things on wikipedia right now! Razz) I enter the shop and look around (what kind of a shop is it?) and try to find someone that works or lives there who might be able to tell me where to find Gustus.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:50 am

(A Roman domus would have shops in the front (on the porch, if you will). here is a picture of your average domus. The rooms along the front are shops. the door in the center is the door to the house proper. You don't have to ask around, all you have to do is knock at the front door XD)
Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 441px-Domus_romana_Vector002.svg
Back to top Go down
Leucothea

Leucothea

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:51 pm

(Thanks for the info!) I knock on the door. (Most exciting post EVER! Razz )
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:16 pm

After a few knocks, a haggard old slave woman answers the door. She looks you up and down before inquiring as to your business. "And who might you be? Do you have some business with the master?"
Back to top Go down
Leucothea

Leucothea

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:52 pm

"I am Leucothea. And yes, I do. Tell him it's important."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:36 am

"Hmm..."
The serva (slave woman) looks at you suspiciously for a moment and says, "And what might this 'urgent' business be?"
Back to top Go down
Leucothea

Leucothea

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:30 pm

(Ugh really she can't just let me in? Are you determined to make this difficult for me? Can I cast a spell to make her shut up and let me in? Razz If I can I'd like to use my dots in mind/fate to cast a covert spell that will make me appear either friendly enough or intimidating enough that she'll let me in). "If I had the time to stand around chatting about it, it wouldn't be 'urgent' business now would it? Please, I need to speak with him--if you're quick about it I'll make it worth your while." (I do have $800 at my disposal--I'll bribe her if I have to).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:17 pm

She emits a noncommittal grunt and closes the door, leaving you standing outside wondering if she's coming back to let you in or if she just decided that if she ignores you, you might go away. Just as you're about to knock again and express your disinterest in standing around outside while she screws around inside using the most colorful vocabulary at your disposal, she opens the door again (causeing you to quickly pretend like you were adjusting your hair so that she doesn't notice that you were about to bang on the door again) and says, "He says he will see you now, please follow me."
Back to top Go down
Leucothea

Leucothea

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:26 pm

I follow the annoying woman into the house. (Are there any spells I can use to make someone tell me the truth? I've been looking but haven't found anything in fate or mind... It seems like there should be--am I missing something?)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:54 pm

The old slave woman takes you into a waiting area and tells you to wait there while her master finished a discussion with another visitor. After she leaves the room you can hear muffled voices coming from the room next to the one you're in. If you strain, you can just make out what they're saying.
"Look, no matter how much you beg me, I have already sold the book to another customer. You'll have to tell your master to talk to the person who purchased the book from me if he wants to buy it."
"Very well."
A man in a full black robe walks out of a door near where you're sitting and leaves the domus. A deep voice calls you in from the other room, "Alright, you can come in."
Back to top Go down
Leucothea

Leucothea

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 6:09 pm

(Oh shit I wasn't expecting that--good one! Can I tell whether or not he's a mage? Btw you didn't answer my question from before...) I silently order Ardian (who's invisible) to keep an eye on where the man in black goes after he leaves (and also to remain well-hidden). I follow the voice into the other room.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 7:26 pm

You enter to find a balding middle aged slightly overweight man who looks nothing like what the pseudonym 'Umbral the Dark One' makes you think of. Glancing around the study, you notice it is filled with old scrolls and tomes. one of which in particular stands out to you. It is an old book bound in leather and metal with an intricate 3d emblem on the cover
emblem:
Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Death_10
This must be the book that the man in black was trying to buy, as it is sitting at a table in front of where "umbral" sits. Luckily for you, you did come here to buy this book, however, your Fate sense tingles just looking at the book. You can tell that this book is no ordinary work of literature. You shift your sight into the magical frequencies (in other words, you activate Mage Sight) and you can see that the eyes of the metal skull on the front burn with a blue flame which is invisible to all but magi. You can tell that powerful magic course through the book by the way that it warps the space and fate threads around it but you cannot identify what that magic is, or what it does.
As you're looking at the book, 'Umbral' addresses you, "Good morning, I don't think we've met before. What can I do for you?"
Because you probably don't remember, you are looking for information on the specifics for summoning the Pride demon you read about in the book you found in Antonius' library. The reason you are talking to this man is that this overweight balding book merchant goes by the pseudonym "Umbral the Dark One" and is the author of the book you read. In it he described the ritual (you can scroll back up to remember what the ritual entailed) however he didn't provide enough information to actually enact it. thus, you are here today to get said missing information (like the demon's true name)
Back to top Go down
Leucothea

Leucothea

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 9:03 pm

(I appreciate the refresher thanks! But you still didn't answer my question about getting him to tell the truth lol--I'm assuming that's not going to be an issue?)
"My name is Leucothea--it's a pleasure to meet you finally. I read one of your works, (Uhh I don't think you ever gave me a title so let's say I either brought it with me or I have some other means of identifying it...) and I was hoping you'd be so kind as to answer a few of my questions."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 pm

There's a mind spell to force them to tell the truth. Are you sure you didn't see it?
"Alright what sort of questions do you want answered?" As he answered you, you hear a strange buzzing sound in your head. *bzzzt* as you listen to the buzz, it slowly resolves into Antonius' voice ""Hello Leucothea, this is Antonius. I'd like to ask you for a favor. You're talking with 'Umbral' right now right? I need you to steal a book that he has in his possession. I desperately need this book and will do whatever it takes to get it. Antonius then proceeds to describe the book with the skull emblem on it and promise any reward you wish for its safe retrieval.
Back to top Go down
Leucothea

Leucothea

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 9:54 pm

(heehee the mage version of a cell phone... I totally guessed you were going to make me steal it but I was hoping you wouldn't... Razz I still can't find the spell you're talking about--do you know what it's called? If I can I'd like to cast it (provided that it's covert). )
"There was a section that described the summoning of a pride demon that I was curious about... Do you know the true name of the demon? Or the words for the ritual chant that was used?"
As I'm asking my questions, I'm sureying the room for things I might use as distractions or weapons. Are there any torches that might fall off the wall and cause a fire, or windows that could break, or liquids that could spill...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall of the Camarilla   Fall of the Camarilla - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fall of the Camarilla
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Mage: The Awakening-
Jump to: